At the time of launch in 2003, the DQ250 became the world's first dual-clutch transmission in a series-production car, in the German-market Volkswagen Golf Mk4 R32, and shortly afterwards worldwide, in the original Audi TT 3.2 and the 2004+ New Beetle TDI. Since then the DQ250 is fitted to most 6 speed DSG models from 2003-present.
If maintained the gearboxes are very realiable and also pretty good when it comes to tuning.
Most 02E Gearboxes have a set torque limit of 360nm (265ft/lbs) in the software but this can be increased with tuning but we'll get onto that further down the blog.
We have quite a few options for the 6 Speed DSG DQ250 02E transmission, from upgrades and tuning to service parts. Please see below for options:
- Increase torque limit from 360NM (265ft/lbs) to 500NM (368ft/lbs) or 650nm (479ft/lbs)
- Optimised shift points in D & S
- Disable auto upshift in manual mode
- Disable auto kickdown in manual mode
- Optimised launch control
- Increase clutch pressure
- Quicker shifting times
- Shift lever delay removed